Rubeski concluded they needed a platform that provided the quantitative KPIs that senior leaders have come to expect, “Sales and Marketing have data-driven tools like Salesforce and Marketo. I needed something similar to run the operations of my engineering organization. We found that only Jellyfish provided the right balance of capabilities, connecting our day-to-day operations up to strategic level metrics with their Allocation Framework.”
Buildium immediately uncovered two insights when they plugged in Jellyfish. One they suspected, and one that was brand new insight:
- Confirmed they were poorly categorizing engineering work being done.
- Revealed too much low priority work happening that they were not aware of.
Armed with these and other insights from Jellyfish, Buildium’s R&D team delivered several strategic wins at the executive level:
- Within 3 months, engineering increased resources allocated to roadmap by 24% without hiring any new engineers, resulting in more high value projects released to their customers.
- Buildium realized how their existing ‘Product Pillars’ were not working, and created new pillars that improved engineering alignment with strategic company initiatives.
- Executive meetings and strategic discussions improved dramatically because Jellyfish presents information in terms of dollars and strategy, answering questions like:
- How much Technical debt do we have, and how much is it costing us?
- How are resources allocated, how much is it costing us?
- What are the costs of various (global) teams vs their performance?
- How much does a standard project cost?
- How are we aligned to strategic business objectives?